Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finch Nest

This weekend, Mr. Douglas and I made a discovery in one of our hanging plants.

I had noticed some beautiful song birds chriping at all hours of night coming from my front porch, so I assumed they were hanging out there. In the morning, when I went to check it out I noticed two birds were flying around the basket, sitting on the chain and zooming in and out of my plant. The dad looked like this:

Birdinfo.com

When the birds were away from the plant I took a peak inside and this is what I saw!


4/16/11
The parents have been bringing little seeds and parts of plants to surround the egg with. I will keep you up to date with the progress of our egg! Our class is going to assume this egg as a class pet, so we will shortly be naming the egg and watching it closely through pictures I take while at home.

UPDATE: Our class had decided to name our little egg...Leonardo De'FINCHY!!
But Finchy for short.

Keep track with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment